The Disability Information Network (DIN) website is built for compatibility with assistive technology devices, and to be fully accessible for people with disabilities. The site includes the following accessibility features:
- Keyboard accessibility and skip links for assistive technology users.
- Responsive design for the best performance on a wide range of screen sizes.
- High contrast and font size toggle controls for low-vision users.
The site has been tested with a number of tools to identify and address accessibility barriers including:
- NVDA Screen Reader
- Wave Accessibility Tool
- W3C HTML & CSS Validators
We’ve also tested our website with a keyboard only to ensure that it works well for people who cannot use a mouse or other pointing device.
The DIN website conforms to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) with a few notable exceptions:
- Some third-party plugins (i.e. Woocommerce and LearnDash) do not fully conform to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
- The site has some CSS errors which do not impact accessibility with assistive technology devices.
If you experience any problems accessing our website, please Contact Us for assistance.